Today’s businesses are increasingly going digital, so entrepreneurs are trying to optimize online interactions between their teams, customers, and potential partners and ensure smooth digital data management. That said, they need to think about their security first, and the best way to do that today is to start using a virtual data room. Using VDRs is guaranteed to reduce the risks of data breaches and improve the conduct of even the most complex business operations. Find out what level of security the virtual data rooms offers here https://blowseo.com/virtual-data-room-solutions/.
Why is VDR considered secure?
A virtual data room is a cloud-based software. However, they are categorically different from conventional cloud storage because they offer high security and functionality. One of the main reasons why VDRs are considered secure is because they have international security certifications. These licenses officially guarantee that virtual data rooms can handle your sensitive documents. The best security certifications today are ISO certifications. ISO is one of the largest developers of international standards. If a VDR provider provides licenses, they comply with the recommendations for protecting personal information in cloud storage. Other quality security certifications are:
- SOC 1 and 2
Basic VDR security features
What makes Best Virtual Data Room Solutions special is that they offer multiple layers of protection: physical protection. Login protection and security against internal and external data leakage threats.
Physical protection includes:
- Highly secured data centers – they are closely monitored by professionals and advanced 24/7 security features
- Multiple data centers – Not only does this allow you to use VDRs from any country, but it also protects the integrity of your data because they are in multiple locations, and if something happens to one data center, your information is moved to another
- Backup -all your data is backed up regularly so you can always recover it in its most current form should something unforeseen happen
Login security features may include the following:
- Double Authentication – Users must enter not only their username but additional information to log on; this provides enhanced identity verification and ensures that an authorized user has entered the VDR space
- Multi-step verification – If a user logs in from a new device, he must go through several stages of identity verification
- Single sign-on – sometimes users don’t want to bother with a password so they can enter it quickly and from memory, as entering complex passwords every time and reading them off a piece of paper is tedious. Single sign-on allows you to enter your credentials just once and switch between different projects all day long without any hassle
- Data encryption – encrypts the data of the document sending and the document itself, both during storage and transmission. Thus, if the paper falls into the wrong hands, intruders will not be able to read it without the decryption key
The main features against data leakage are:
- Detailed permissions – Space administrators have complete control over other users’ access to their documents. They can prohibit copying, printing, downloading, forwarding, visibility, editing, sharing, and screenshotting. Depending on the user’s role, they will only be able to perform the actions they are allowed, and the data owners remain calm because they are in complete control
- Watermarks – protect the copyright of documents. They record all the actions that other users have done to the paper, and this protects them from data leakage
- Audit logs -provide an extensive report of everything that happens in the data room space. Time of entry and exit, list of documents that a particular user visited, any change or update