In this article, we will explore the best alternatives to routers with the support of a VPN.
VPN is an integral part in the world of technologies
An increasing number of devices in our home are connected to the Internet. In the age of smart homes and the Internet of Things, televisions, game consoles, streaming devices, alarms, calls, etc. transmit information over the Internet. Given all this data, there are major privacy and security issues. From hackers hacking through microphones and cameras to corporations tracking your information for sale to third parties, there are several ways to misuse your data.
Fortunately, a virtual private network (VPN) solves these problems. While you may consider VPN part of the desktop and mobile software, many can be configured on your home router to protect every device in your home. A VPN connection encrypts all traffic to and from each device connected to the Internet and tunnels it through a proxy server. This server can be in a location of your choice, so as a bonus, a VPN is great for unlocking geo-restricted content, such as if you want to use it with your smart TV.
The best alternatives od VPN routers
The list of top-rated routers includes the following options:
- The Synology RT2600ac combines all the necessary features of a VPN router in an affordable package, making it the best choice overall. This router has a great range, Wi-Fi mail speed can work with more than one broadband Internet connection, and includes a fantastic VPN package.
- The RT2600ac is a four-stream (4×4) router that has four Ethernet sockets and 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz wireless networks, so it has a high speed and range. However, where it shines is the firmware. This router is extremely easy to set up and use, but experienced users will find a huge variety of additional options. A VPN package is more reliable and much easier to use than routers that require their software.
- Nighthawk RAX200 includes an important security feature: automatic software updates. It also can work with your gigabit internet connection, transmit flawless 4K video, play without a hint of lag, and download burning fast torrents.
- The Linksys WRT32X Gaming Router is a VPN router specifically designed to give you the best gaming experience. Linksys advertises up to 65 percent ping reduction, which can provide you with just the edge you’re looking for. This router includes four gigabit Ethernet ports, which are, down, the most efficient way to connect a game console to the Internet.
- ASUS RT-AC68U is an excellent dual-band VPN router that can control all your devices and provides reliable Wi-Fi coverage for medium-sized homes. If you find yourself deadlocked or your home is too big for a single router, it supports AiMesh to create a flexible grid with your entire home network by adding additional compatible devices.